Saturday 2 October 2010

Album Cover Number 1

This is the first album cover I designed, as I have not created my own band, I have decided to make mock up versions of NLX's latest album, as alternative versions.
For this first one I decided to take the same colour theme as the website.

As you can see i have still kept the block type-face of the lettering from the NLX website to keep the same sort of fluent style, and also i have followed the colour theme of magenta, black and a beige/orange. I have also used a shadow effect on the side of the artwork to give it that dark edge, which NLX's music has.
The design i used as the main image i saw as very boisterous and somewhat tattoo like, it evokes a very masculine feel which could contrast as she is a very feminine artist in aspect of what her songs are about etc, but it could also link because it could show the powerful aspect to her feminism which would be represented through the strong pink in the image.
The overall word I think that can be gathered from this artwork is strong.
The reason I did not choose this as my final album cover is because I don't think it really respects her full artistic feel and her love of all things design, it almost seems to minimalistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment